PUBLICATIONS BY DATE:
Key papers marked by
Last updated: February, 2002
1. Galin, D. Duality of the brain: Implications for education. Childhood Education, 53(1):17-20, 1976. Reprinted in Readings in Early Childhood Education 78/79, Annual Editions, 1979.
2. Galin, D., Johnstone, J., and Herron, J. Effects of task difficulty on EEG measures of cerebral engagement. Neuropsychologia, 16:461-472, 1978.
3. Johnstone, J., Galin, D., and Herron, J. Choice of handedness measures in studies of hemispheric specialization. International Journal of Neuroscience, 1979, 9, 71-80.
4. Herron, J., Galin, D., Johnstone, J., and Ornstein, R.E. Cerebral specialization, writing posture and motor control of writing in left-handers. Science, 1979, 205, 1285-1289.
5. Brown, B., Haegerstrom-Portnoy, G., Yingling, C.D., Herron, J., Galin, D., and Marcus, M. Dyslexic children have normal vestibular responses to rotation. Arch. Neurology, 40:370-373, 1983.
6. Brown, B., Haegerstrom-Portnoy, G., Adams, A.J., Yingling, C.D., Galin, D., Herron, J., and Marcus, M. Predictive eye movements do not discriminate between dyslexic and control children. Neuropsychologia, 21:121-128, 1983.
7. Brown, B., Haegerstrom-Portnoy, G., Yingling, C.D., Herron, J. Galin, D., and Marcus, M. Tracking eye movements are normal in dyslexic children. Am. J. Optometry and Physiological Optics, 60:376-383, 1983.
8. Fein, G., Galin, D., Johnstone, J., Yingling, C.D., Marcus, M., and Kiersch, M.E. EEG power spectra in normal and dyslexic children. I: Reliability during passive conditions. Electroenceph Clin Neurophysiol, 55:399-405, 1983
9. Johnstone, J., Galin, D., Yingling, C.D., Herron, J. and Marcus, M. Regional brain activity in dyslexic and control children during reading tasks: Visual probe event-related potentials. Brain and Language, 21, 233-254, 1984
10. Fein, G., Galin, D., Yingling, C., Johnstone, J. EEG Spectra in 10-12 year old boys are stable over l to 3 years. EEG Clin. Neurophysiol. 58, 517-518, 1984.
11. Brown, B., Haegerstrom-Portnoy, G., Herron, J., Galin, D., Yingling, C.D., and Marcus, M. Static postural stability is normal in dyslexic children. J Learning Disabilities, 18, 31-34, 1985.
12. Davenport, L., Yingling, C.D., Fein, G.F., Galin, D., Johnstone, J.: Narrative speech deficits in dyslexics. J. Clin. Exp. Neuropsychol., 8, 347-361, 1986.
13. Yingling, C.D., Galin, D., Fein, G., Peltzman, D., Davenport, L.: "Neurometrics does not detect "pure" dyslexic children". EEG Clin. Neurophysiol., 63:426-430, 1986.
14. Fein, G., Galin, D., Yingling, C.D., and Johnstone, J. EEG spectra in dyslexic and control boys during resting conditions. EEG Clin. Neurophysiol., 63:87-97, 1986.
15. Galin, D., Herron, J., Johnstone, J., Yingling, C., and Fein, G. EEG Alpha asymmetry in dyslexics during speaking and block design tasks. Brain and Language., 35:241-253, 1988.
16. Fein., G., Davenport, L., Yingling, C.D., and Galin, D. Verbal and non-verbal memory deficits in pure dyslexia. Developmental Neuropsychology., 4(3), 181-197, 1988.
17. Galin, D., EEG Studies in Dyslexia: the UCSF Dyslexia Project. In D.J. Bakker and H. van der Vlugt (eds), Learning Disabilities, Vol. I: Neuropsychological Correlates and Treatment. Amsterdam: Swets & Zeitlinger, 1989, pp. 149-171.
18. Galin, D., Raz, J., Fein, G., Johnstone, J., Herron, J., and Yingling, C. EEG spectra in dyslexic and normal readers during oral and silent reading. Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysiology., 82:87-101, 1992.